CEU Approval Procedures and Cost
Before the Program
All CEU approval requests must be submitted at least 14 days prior to the initial offering date of the program. This requirement can only be waived upon request if there are extenuating circumstances. All of the following must be submitted in order for a program to be approved:
- a completed CEU Approval Form
- a program agenda/schedule that includes times
- all instructor/speaker vitas or resumes
- a copy of the participant evaluation form
- any other pertinent program materials (program brochure, flyer, or website address)
Things to Remember
- We cannot approve a program which is less than five contact hours.
- All course approvals are good for one calendar year from the date of approval.
- Completed CEU approval request will be reviewed for approval within three business days
During the Program
The following items need to be completed during the program in order for participants to receive CEU credit:
- CEU Participant Sign-in Form (this will be received from the Center of Continuing Education once a course is approved)
- copy of course evaluations
- a completed CEU Participant Form for each participant who wishes to receive CEU credit
After the Program
To register participant CEU credit, the following should be submitted to the Center for Continuing Education upon the completion of the approved course or program:
- completed CEU Participant Sign-in sheets
- copy of program evaluations
- all completed CEU Participant Forms
- payment in full (CEUs will not be awarded until payment is received)
- MSU departments should pay by journal voucher (JV) and include a copy of the JV with the CEU Participant forms.
- Those with questions regarding cost for CEUs or needing banner account information for JV transfers should email email@example.com or call 325-1457.
Cost for registering CEU credit
Participants can register up to 2.0 CEUs for an administration fee of $20.00. Any credit awarded above 2.0 will be based on the following sliding scale.
$25 for 2.1 to 2.5 CEUs
$30 for 2.6 to 3.0 CEUs
$35 for 3.1 to 3.5 CEUs
$40 for 3.6 to 4.0 CEUs
Course renewals do not require additional documents or payment. Those wishing to renew a course within the one year course approval time should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of the course and the new course dates.
* Only courses with the exact same instructor, location, agenda, etc., will be considered a renewal course.